Monday, November 16, 2009

The Prayers of a Mother

I always doubt my own prayers when it comes to something I want.  I know my prayers for others, even around the world, work excellently. But when it comes to me, I rarely get the things I most desire.

So I asked my Mom to pray for me.  She said, "I pray for God's blessings on you every day."  And then today, she called me just to tell me she prayed for something specific for me that I want.  I think this is the first step to get in good with Jesus, because how can he refuse a mother?

When my parents were Brasil for several years working, I was in college and I missed my Mother's hugs the most.  I worked one job until very late at night.  Sometimes at midnight I would get to the perpetual adoration chapel in Kenner and just sit by the statue of Our Lady of Fatima.  One night, I just needed a hug from my mom and I hugged the statue.  Our Lady hugged me right back and it felt like my Mom's hugs! The best!

Our Lady always watches over us all and even though I ask her to pray for me for many things, she knows what is best just as well as Christ.  I pray that she continues to draw people to Christ and maybe one day I'll get to receive a hug from Her in Heaven!