Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Demographic Catholic

Just found a cool new website called Argent by the Tiber.  The link is located in the Web Nebulas section of this site.  Hope I get a chance to read it more extensively soon.

Also, my home parish has just placed in a small alcove a number of 1st class relics.  St. Augustine of Hippo, St. Pio of Pietralina, St. Faustina, A True Relic of the Cross, St Therese of the Infant Jesus and some other awesome saints I can't recall now.  I asked all of them to pray for me so that I might not repeat the many faults I have!

It is nice to see so many faces from so many places in my parish, which is what originally led me to the Tiber site.  I came across this interesting image.  I know some may have seen it before, but I hadn't and I am a sucker for any kind of map.


I am one who can't wait to see the new demographics for Louisiana in 2010 as a reflection of hurricane Katrina.  But I came across this map because I like to dream about moving to some other state, but I can never bring myself to endure too much cold. Besides, who would want to live anywhere beyond 100 miles of New Orleans anyway?