Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The God Timeline

Time is catching up with me today.  It was one of those days where a little longevity pill would seem to help in the larger scale of things.  I feel like I will not have enough time.  This feeling has been building for a couple of days.

Before I become ridiculous in my worry, I try to focus on the ones who walked before in Scripture.  My favorites are Job, Elizabeth, Tobit and Jonah.  The crap they went through makes my easy life seem pretty simple.

Job always amazes me when he calls out to God even though he has lost all.  Elizabeth is amazing just for being able to bare a child.  Tobit's sense of duty strikes my shallow selfishness to the ground and Jonah's denial to do God's will and subsequent thrashing resonates with my pridefulness and harbored anger.

I am young and there is happiness in more knowledge as each year comes, but frustration also because I wish I would have known more sooner.  Luckily though, I don't believe in regrets. I never have.  God is the orchestrator of all things, it's just up to me to follow the tune or make it sound flat.