Friday, October 16, 2009

The Fall Cometh


     I have to place a note about how excited I am about fall weather.  The first wind has started to ring my new wind chime and my puppies were especially excited playing with me outside this afternoon.

   I hope it snows again for Louisiana.  Even though I have seen snow several times, I was never in a place where I could listen to it fall over an extended period.  It was so peaceful.  Fall and early winter are my favorite times of year because first, I get to wear sweaters and second, all the best feast days happen. 

   One more note, and one of the inspirations for this blog, the constellation Orion.  I can always find it in fall and winter, and it always shines out of the sky when I need a sign of God's loving omnipotence.   

   So as the moon is waxing at this time, and I am savoring my hot pots of tea, I watch with excitement the changes Earth brings.  The seasons are healing.