Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Ash Wednesday 2019

The priest at noon mass today was the vibrant Irish type.  "I like the splatter method, and you can do what you will with that!"  He started to sing the the remembrance of ashes as he passed them out.  It helped the participants who did not regularly come to mass be at ease for sure.

I usually miss Ash Wednesday mass because I am always working, but this year I was able to attend.  As I mentioned, I am going to give it a go for lent 2019.

I started my Ash Wednesday with the rosary.  One of my favorite things to do is to offer my rosary for a Roman Catholic priest's renewal of love for the mercy of the Sacred Heart of Christ in the Eucharist.
from: The New St. Joseph Baltimore Catechism No. 2


Can you imagine the amazing things the Holy Spirit can do through a fervent Catholic priest?  I am lucky enough to have seen this often having grown up in a state like Louisiana where Catholicism is common.  Fervent priests do not raise themselves, they raise the whole community.

A website that is dedicated to prayer for priests is here: https://www.foundationforpriests.org/