Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The APOD and the Spirit of Truth

All of the students at my school have some form of electronic music device or phone.  I have tried to avoid the hype because we know how fast things change and develop in the techno world.  But the bug bit me and I purchased a touch screen ipod.  My favorite application is the APOD or Astronomy Picture of the Day.  It is amazing, amazing to see God's creations in the Heavens.


 That said, it is also amazing to find there is so much within Scripture.  I decided to get back in to meditating on scripture using the Ignatian prayer method.  Somehow I ended up on the Samaritan woman.  It was great because I love this whole scene.  Also, I am using my huge Jerusalem Bible that puts everything in this great context and the language is so beautiful I almost wish I could study and read Greek! (I heard it's really hard)

Passage: "But the hour will come -- in fact it is here already -- when true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth: that is the kind of worshipper the Father wants. God is spirit, and those who worship must worship in spirit and truth." John 4: 23-24

Endnote: The Spirit, who makes a new creature of man, is also the inspiring principle of the new worship of God. This worship is 'in truth' because it is the only worship that meets the conditions revealed by God through Jesus. The Jerusalem Bible Doubleday and Company New York 

I admit I think there is more for me to understand here.  But like the vast expression of God's creation in the sky, there are great and numerous understandings to receive from the Holy Ghost and the salvation that Christ has provided for us all through His sacrifice.

I will pray for more understanding while I contemplate the beautiful sky.